Sunday, October 17, 2010

What Once Was (Small Group Edition)

Are you listening closely?  I'm only going to say this once.

The stars are aligning, conspiring against me.  And worse yet, they're conspiring against my brother.  Me and He are a lot alike, in the one way that matters: we love the same things.  The Vandals, the Rangers, the Cowboys, and our hatred for Boise State football.  And because of these Four Pillars of rossnation..., this year has the potential for more pain than all previous seasons combined, and I'm not sure if I'm emotionally prepared.
It breaks down thusly.

  1. The 2010 Vandals are average to slightly above average, but they're still looking at getting shellacked twice more this season.  Nevada and Boise State both have compelling reasons to put up a 70-spot on us.  Add in the very real possibility that the Idaho/BSU game will never happen again in the majestic yet confining confines of our beloved Kibbie Dome, and you've got a recipe for pain.  
  2. The Texas Rangers are not expected to pull out a postseason win against the Yankees, but they are the only reasonable hope I have for magic.  So either they win the pennant, or they lose to the Yankees, which is akin to losing the Cold War for me.  Or am I being over dramatic?
  3. The Cowboys have a top 5 defense and a top five offense, and they are 1 and 4 on the season.  In layman's terms, they sucketh.
  4. The entire college football landscape seems to be in cahoots, beating up on each other to the point where BSU could potentially be the only unbeaten team left.  If they were to win the national title, this would be the worst thing that could possibly happen, ever.  Like if Red Dawn actually happened, except worse because we wouldn't have Patrick Swayze to defend us.
  5. My young friend Jordyn guessed my age at 38 today.  I am not.
  6. I had a conference call today with the Rent's small group.  LIKE A BOSS!
All told, there's a lot of things that could go wrong this fall, and the sum of these is a ton of hurt for the Gibson boys.  The only thing that will redeem a year like this will be the immensely successful launch of the rossnation... PWI.  And then we'll be making it rain in the club.
Or whatever.

rossnation... out.

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you the Rangers, UI and Cowboys stuff, but you can't possibly complain about the BSU, er, TTFB stuff unless you live south of McCall. You don't have any clue what's like. I am praying for a severe change in my attitude.

    ReplyDelete