Sunday, August 22, 2010

RNWN

A quickie: Three things rossnation... loves about the movie Backdraft:

1. You know a movie is good when it makes Billy Baldwin look cool and Scott Glenn look lame. Seriously, I love this movie, but it lays claim to maybe the widest range of acting ever. Donald Sutherland is awesome (of course), Kurt Russell is average, Jennifer Jason Leigh is horrendous, Robert De Niro is...himself. And Billy Baldwin is a Baldwin. So weird.

2. Baldwin's sliding-hose-tackle near the end is about the coolest move in the history of film. Perhaps that's why the call them movies. Yeah, wrap your noggin around that. It's also possible, though not likely, that we called them movies before Backdraft came out.

3. Kurt Russell's dying words: "I'm tired of hearing these sirens."  Seriously, I hope I can think of something that cool.  But I'll definitely be using that line as much as possible in everyday conversation.  What's that, you say you'd like an example?  Ross' friend: "Hey, Ross, how was work today?"  Ross: "Busy.  I'm tired of hearing these sirens."  Ross' friend: "I know, we should stop meeting up at the fire station."  A close second is D. Sutherland (for a real treat check him out in Kelly's Heroes) asking Billy, "Did it look at you?  Did the fire look at you?"  No, Donald, that was me looking into those beautiful, hazel-green, liquid... acting ability.  Sorry, I gotta go, I'm doing something manly...

rossnation... out.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen "Backdraft." Let the mockery of Jake begin,

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mockery. Please just add this to your Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A classic movie..."Do you see that light blinking in the corner of your eye?"

    ReplyDelete