Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Am The Walrus

I present to you, my adoring and misguided fans, my favourite song lyrics, in no particular order. (Yep, spelled it the British way. That's how I do's it.)

  • I felt like this on my way home, I'm not scared. I pass the boats and the Kingdome! I'm not scared! New Way Home; Foo Fighters Can it get better than a reference to a bygone ballpark? I submit that it cannot!
  • Oh, I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love. Just Breathe; Pearl Jam Is it just me, or are these guys getting better with age? Extreme age.
  • In a clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade, and he carries the reminders, of every glove that laid him down or cut him til he cried out, in his anger and his shame, I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains. The Boxer; Simon & Garfunkel First off, this song has the greatest drumbeat in the history of drumbeats. And second, I love me some Simon. Garfunkel I could do without, but I think that's pretty much how it's gone for that guy.
  • Or my name's not Kroc, that's Kroc with a 'k'. Like crocodile but not spelt that way. Boom, Like that; Mark Knopfler Dude wrote a song about McDonalds. Genius, with a capital K.
  • Hey, Dad, what do you think about your son now? Oh, hey, Dad, what do you think about your son now? Take a Picture; Filter I love this, cause the guy doesn't even try to make it subtle. This lyric comes out of nowhere, doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the song, and he just SCREAMS it! This guy has some father issues (don't worry, Pops, we're good. smiley emoticon.)
  • I'm pushin' an elephant up the stairs, I'm tossin' out punchlines that were never there. Over my shoulder a piano falls, crashing to the ground. The Great Beyond; REM Wait...what? It's like Michael Stipe was writing a rossnation-style blog and made it into a song. I'm gonna be rich; just gotta learn how to write music and dance spastically.

That's a good start. Feel free to submit your favorite lyrics, and I'll try to make clever comments about them. But it'll probably just be sad. Single tear...

rossnation...out

P.S. Single Tear, name of my second album. Haven't named the first one yet.

2 comments:

  1. I don't pay much attention to lyrics; I'm one of those guys who mostly just listens to the music as a backdrop and doesn't get all tangled up in the wording.
    That said, "Picture" by Filter is a kick-butt song, just in terms of sounding cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "On a freshly fallen, silent shroud of snow" - Paul Simon. I don't think Paul would have become Paul Simon without Art's voice though. It was the platform that grabbed everyone's attention.

    ReplyDelete