Monday, July 19, 2010

Facebook's Finest?

I'm trying something new tonight, and I have no idea where it's going to lead.  Please, don't be frightened rossnation...; let me take care of that.  Simply trust that I would never lead the nation into anything I can't get it out of, for that is a leader's credo.
Tonight was Day 1 of a social experiment that I am calling, "The Facebook Driven Life."  Rest assured, I do not plan to make this a lifestyle choice, I am just curious what will happen, and I want all of you to be in on the fun, or disaster, depending on how it plays out.  So here are the ground rules that I have laid out for the ross.


  1. Every night for the next 31 days, I will spend one continuous hour on Facebook.
  2. During this hour, I will record what happens with my web cam, and with screenshots from my Facebook homepage.
  3. During this hour, I will do everything, with few exceptions, that my homepage tells me to do.  If it tells me to reconnect with someone by writing on their wall, I'm on it.  If it tells me to like graffiti because many people who like walking like graffiti, it's on.  If it suggests a friend that I have at least one mutual friend with, I'm sending a friend request.  I am assuming many of these will get ignored, because of the 40 requests I sent tonight, I don't remember at least half of them.
  4. After the hour is complete, I will return to business as usual, which may or may not involve FB, who knows.
  5. I can make up more ground rules as I need, but if you have a suggestion, I am listening.
  6. I think the ultimate goal is rossnation... becoming the "six degrees" of Facebook, and then we'll be famous.  But really, I just hope I don't have to go to rehab after this is done.
Let's do this.

rossnation...out.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. I'm interested to see if you end up "liking" Boise State University. Wouldn't that have to be the point at which the experiment would end?

    ReplyDelete