Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Two Days Down

As it turns out, my Facebook project is more ambitious than I thought.  This is disturbing only because I don't like to be surprised; I would like to be exactly as ambitious as I set out to be.  But Facebook has some tricks up its digital sleeves, and these illusions (AD reference) are what turned my one hour on FB into an extra two hours cleaning up the mess that I made.  I may be amending my own rules to keep me from having to unsubscribe from a bunch of crap.  Sadly, Facebook told me to win an iPad last night.  Ahhh, if it were that simple.  By about 2 AM, I had successfully unsubscribed from 5 or 6 text message services, ranging from daily horoscopes to daily PWI* giveaways.  I only have one thing left to deal with, and that is the law firm that left a message on my voicemail this morning saying that they will call back tomorrow about my free consultation...and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting an iPad.  This is what I signed up for, but I think next time I'll lay out my proposal a little better, and perhaps line up some financial backing, so I don't have to do any real work for the rest of my days.  Because that's what the Founding Fathers would want.

So it's quite possible that this project will turn into a rant about FB and internet privacy and what not.  I will certainly turn into a rant against my friend Soap for forcing me to "like" her cat, and against Justin Bieber for, you know, being alive.  Alas, this will all be worth it, no doubt, because those of you paying attention are crapping yourselves with joy.  So yuck it up, folks, I will have my retribution.  In monetary form.

So in the words of The Great Panda,
"There is no charge for Awesomeness...or Attractiveness."

rossnation...out.

P.S.  If the offer had been "Get a free PWI!", I would've seen that one to the end.

3 comments:

  1. This experiment is like a digital oil well under 5000 feet of pressure, and you, my friend, are BP. You will be cleaning up the mess from this for years to come (and dealing with angry Cajuns).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best kind of Cajun. And I wonder if BP knew how many different phrases start with those letters...

    ReplyDelete