Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Improving on Faulkner: Stream of Unconsciousness: The Wit and Wisdom of rossnation... As Dictated By Me With No Discernible Purpose and In No Particu

· If you got past that title, you've already come too far...

· If you don't know what to write, just start typing. Perhaps spell check will do it for you...

· What would I do for a Klondike bar? Pay a reasonable amount of money...

· I'd take out the trash, but I'm not gonna...

· The one appointment you should always make time for is the chiropractor. Having a full wallet will put your back out...

· This life is about emotionality...

· I'm coming back around on Tom Cruise after Tropic Thunder. At least we know he can act. Let the crazy be his own thing...

· I want a snack, and turns out it's gonna be butterscotch chips. I wish they were in cookie form, but alas, I have no eggs...

· Or a baking sheet, to further complicate the baking of cookies...

· Thou shalt not call or text rossnation... after 10 p.m., lest ye get information from me during Ambien time. This can be dangerous for all involved...

· rossnation... is looking for a job in Boise. If you've read this far, you may be very able to help, or completely unable. Talk to rossnation... in words that he can understand.

· Not binary. I am not fluent in binary. My nerddom has a boundary, and the line is the entrance to the gaming store where the 40 year old men play Magic: The Gathering at 2:30 on a Wednesday afternoon. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!

· rossnation... wants your input on topics that need to be covered in this endeavor we're calling journalism. If you've got a question, or a friend has a question, that is in rossnations... wheelhouse, email me and we'll try to help. Relationships, finances, party planning, tech questions? We'll give you the answers, rossnation... style.

· Beautiful men like Joel Stobie apparently only give birth to beautiful daughters. His life is going to be difficult in 15 years. He'll probably go nutty like Sean Schmidt. But Sean might've been nutty before.

· You more shredded than a julienned salad.

· When the Cable Guy goes into a college apartment, there is oft a tense moment (for the tenant, not for me) when the inhabitant must quickly and discreetly remove his/her bong from the coffee table, or the cardboard box that passes for a table, and relocate his "water tobacco pipe" to a less conspicuous location. They usually neglect to move the actual weed, and the smell is...noticeable, shall we say. But for some reason these people are under the impression that I moonlight as an undercover NARC. Ridiculous.

· Or is it?

· Stream of consciousness is harder to write when you're not thinking that hard. This is more like a crick.

· I would like some cookie dough. Wouldn't you...

· Don't read the column; let the column read you...

· This head movie makes my eyes rain...

· rossnation... will retire for the night.

Look forward to hearing from the people, so we don't have to do this nonsense just so I can improve my typing.

rossnation... out.

2 comments:

  1. I've stuck with Cruise through the thick and thin. I don't think he's a humanitarian, a phenomenal dude, the best actor ever or the second coming of, well, anybody. But here's the truth:
    -- He's a very good actor.
    -- By all account he works hard at everything he does.
    -- He's been part of some of the most memorable movies of my lifetime ("Top Gun," "A Few Good Men," etc.)
    -- While I don't agree with his religion even remotely, I have a measure of respect for him because he has picked a religious system, stuck to it, defended it and not backed down because it's unpopular. In a very weird way, I'm proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stobie prediction of myself in 15 years:
    -very gray hair... possibly white, like after Gandolf slew the balrog.
    -not rich... I'll have been saving for approximately 12 years by then for about 15 years of college and 3 weddings. With inflation this is approx $3,000,000. (You may need to check that number with Netz)

    ReplyDelete