Saturday, July 31, 2010

RNWN

WebMD mobile is the greatest diagnostic tool since the thermometer.

Case Study:  the ross' foot hurts.  Presenting symptoms: pain in the ball of the foot, brought on by placing weight on the foot.  Possible diagnoses according to WebMD iPhone app:

Broken (fractured) foot -- possibly from kicking ass.
Sciatica -- possibly from being old.
Peripheral neuropathy -- the IBS of the peripheral nervous system.
Metatarsalgia -- Athletes who participate in high-impact sports involving the lower extremities commonly present with forefoot injuries, including metatarsalgia.  No kidding.  It's probably not this.
Corns and Calluses -- Nope.
Osteomyelitis (bone infection) -- I don't think so, but hey, I'm not a doctor.  I just play one off-Broadway.
Poorly Fitting Shoes -- Insert caption here.
Lumber Spinal Stenosis -- Toe pain as a result of a bad back.  Fantastic.
Multiple Sclerosis -- I think this is worst case scenario.
Shingles -- I sure hope not.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe plantar fasciitis? If so, try some NSAIDs, some hot/cold therapy, and try to stretch your foot first thing in the morning. I'm no doctor, but I read their dictation for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! According to WebMD, it can occur in younger people who are on their feet a lot, like athletes or soldiers. It's too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, the Tough Actin' Tinactin ad practically writes itself. And to think that I just got done writing a blogpost about potential Tinactin spokesmen. The Lord works in mysterious yet smelly ways.

    ReplyDelete