Monday, July 26, 2010

The Secret

If you're looking for a review of the book The Secret, you have come to the wrong place.  I haven't read it, and I don't plan to, because I don't think you can shove something truly revolutionary into less than 200 pages.  Rather, this is THE secret to finding your soulmate.  Some of you may be saying, there is no such thing as a soulmate.  If so, you are a cynic, and need a dose of rossnation...to fix that.  Some of you may say that there is no single way to find your soulmate.  This is also incorrect, because the ross says so.  I have figured it out, and I did so simply by observing love on TV.  Not from a silly sitcom, or a drama that tells you never to date at work, but from a commercial.  Yes, the good people at AT&T have had the answer for who knows how long, and have been holding out.  So how do you find your true love?

Go to the train station.  If you are male, stand on the platform and wait until you make eye contact with a woman who is already on the train.  Then, buy a ticket for that train on your smartphone, and try not to miss the train.
If you are a woman, you have to work a little harder, because your job is to sit on the train and wait, but you might have to try multiple trains.  This can get expensive, but it's the only way.  When you spot your soulmate, you'll have a whole train ride to get to know each other, which is more than enough time.
So really there are only a couple things that make this less than fool proof.  I understand that not everyone has a train station, so you'll have to move.  And it has to be an underground train station, sorry.  And you need a smartphone (I'm assuming with AT&T service.  It may work on Verizon, but you wouldn't want to take any chances.)  You need to be savvy enough to buy train tickets on this phone.  Truth be told, I don't even know if I'm this savvy.  But I know that if you are able to get it done, you'll certainly be able to order a PWI* after you get on the train.
So go ahead, give it a try next time you're waiting for a train.  But when it works for you, don't forget rossnation...told you so.  But consider yourself warned -- as far as I know, this happens every time, so unless you're looking for love, the train is out.

As is rossnation...

2 comments:

  1. I met Joy on a train station in that exact scenario ... except I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you wonder, though...except it doesn't

    ReplyDelete