Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finish Him!!!!

A couple things are hanging out in this head of mine tonight.  They are in no way complimentary topics; the only place they happen to cross over is in my brain.  Scary proposition.  One of them is the fact that I watched The Book of Eli last night.  I hadn't seen it before, and was actually quite surprised by it.  It was the first movie in a while that I haven't expected anything from (or expected to dislike), and instead really liked it.  First of all, Denzel is a bad, bad man.  I did not see that coming.  Although part of me thinks that it's mostly the sunglasses doing the heavy lifting.  Exhibit A is how amazing I look with the same sunglasses (I took this earlier).

See what I mean?  But Denzel isn't what I'm thinking about.  It's more the ending of the movie that got my butter churning.  No spoiler here, it's just what Eli says: "Thank you Lord for giving me the strength.  I finished the race."  If you know any of the Gibson men, you know we're big on the concept of running to the tape, finishing the race.  So here's the problem, and the other half of my "head movies."  The race I'm currently running?  I have zero interest in finishing it.  (Let me be clear that there is no actual running going on here.)  This race is my little Facebook project that I've previously outlined.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but after 4 days of doing everything that my homepage suggested, I'm about to lose my marbles (or head waffles, as we call them in rossnation...)  Here's a quick recap of the junk I've had to like.  We'll call this our ReCrap:
  • How I Met Your Mother             I do not care.
  • Britney Spears                             Kill me now.
  • Selena Gomez                             Am not familiar.
  • Jackie Chan                                Well, he can kick things.
  • Pawn Stars                                  Poop.
  • Knitting                                       Super lame.
  • Glee                                            Super wicked lame. 
  • Tyler Perry                                  Not funny.
  • System of a Down                       Not music.
  • Two and a Half Men                   Feel bad for people who watch this.
  • Twilight                                       Not a chance.
  • Titanic                                         Longest 6 hours of my life.
  • Sponge Bob                                I don't get high.
  • Avril Lavigne                               Canada is super clean, which is why Avril lives in the US now.
  • Ashley Tisdale                             Nope.
  • Vanessa Hudgins                         Not talented.
  • Converse                                     Eh, they can be comfy, but I can't pull it off.
  • Grey's Anatomy                           Never.
  • Farmville Sheep                           Not Farmville, just the sheep.
  • Vice Ganda                                 ?????????? 
  • And everyone's fave, Justin Bieber           I do not have Bieber Fever.  I am perfectly healthy.
Perhaps you can see where I'm coming from.  I have no desire to add more crap like this for the next 27 days.  It's exhausting, and takes away the actual fun of communicating with friends, and turns the one hour into a chore.  And I don't "like" chores for a reason.  I'm a bit surprised that no one has suggested that I "like" chores yet, those of you looking to sabotage this endeavor.  I would be perfectly happy to let this go away, and go back to life as it used to be (boring & sad), but if Denzel can finish the race, I pretty much have to.  Especially now that I'm wearing the sunglasses.  This is now a labor of love.  Or a labor of loathe.  Hence the Mortal Kombat reference in the title.  FINISHHH!!!!!!

And as always, there is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness.

rossnation...out.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to tell you much I agree on most of these lame "likes." "Two and a Half Men" is one of the most unfunny shows around, Glee is actually harmful to one's health, and Tyler Perry stuff is decidedly unfunny in virtually every way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solidarity, Jake! We need to change the world with our mind bullets!

    ReplyDelete