Thursday, July 15, 2010

Road Trip Much?

I'm taking my first real vacation tomorrow.  To clarify, by vacation I mean I'm leaving town and have no particular plans.  I have nine days in a row of paid time off.  I'm getting in my car and driving to Boise.  I'm going to park my suitcase in my brother's guest room and...nothing.  I don't know.  This week is so wide open that the only actual appointment I have is for the Treasure Valley Rollergirls.  I don't know if this is going to be awesome or just retro, but it doesn't matter, because I'm on vacation.  Most of the week I'll probably sit in a coffee shop and abuse the free wifi, maybe buy an iced lattesso every 6 hours or so.  Make friends with the barista lady and tip big so they don't throw me out, that kind of thing.  Because I'm on vacation.  Write two columns a day, because I'm on vacation, and I'll share the love.  Or I might not.  I'll watch ESPN just like at home, 'cause I'm on vacation.  I'll go fishing if I want.  I don't want to, but you get the idea.  Gonna try to record a podcast with the Alger.  Why?  Because you deserve it.  And because I'm on vacation. I'm gonna overstay my welcome everywhere I can; Boise's gonna wish they never heard of me.  And when I get back we'll go out for ice cream, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. This may seem ghetto (in fact, I KNOW it does), but my new favorite place for free WiFi is McDonald's — especially the new ones that are snassier. You can buy a cone for fitty cents and get free WiFi until the cows come home (or until my wife drags home by my ear.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have 9 days in Boise, you should probably find time to visit the Casa de Stobie.
    I let your last visit slide because you were doing something important, like a brother's wedding or something. But you have publicly stated that you have nothing else to do.
    So I'll see you soon bro.

    ReplyDelete